Lucent Sky AVM version 1906 releases
- Lucent Sky AVM version 1906 MR (build 6.1.4280)
Lucent Sky AVM version 1906 MR
New features in 1906 MR
The third-generation binary analysis engine provides incremental improvements over the current engine, and scalability is a key focus. A new direct binary analysis mode allows pre-compiled binary files to be analyze along with their source code, without the need of building it within the scan process. Additionally, new memory management algorithms provide greatly improved analysis performance on systems with large amount of memory.
The third-generation binary analysis engine is currently in public preview and works alongside the current engine, and is available to customers in the Lucent Sky AVM Preview Program. To learn more about how to to use the new features of the third-generation binary analysis engine, or to join the Lucent Sky AVM Preview Program, visit Introducing Lucent Sky AVM Preview Program.
Starting with v1906, Lucent Sky AVM will use a set of "weakness policies" to provide simplified control on what types of vulnerabilities are identified and remediated, instead of individual weakness toggles. This allow users in different industries to choose the policies that align with their regulatory requirements. Results identified and remediated by Lucent Sky AVM are still categorized by their CWE IDs, and users still have the ability to set the identification and remediation settings for individual CWE IDs.
- Performance and stability improvements when generating the remediated source code.
- Output file(s) of MSBuild can be specified by setting the
- Additional troubleshooting information is available when an .NET application failed to build.
- When running on a non-English operating system, MSBuild, and ASP.NET compilation logs are correctly displayed in the native language.
- Performance improvements when building Java applications using Ant.
- Performance and compatibility improvements when building Java applications using Maven.
The Eclipse plug-in is updated to support weakness policies.
Visual Studio extension
The Visual Studio extension is updated to support weakness policies.
- Improvements to the warning broadcast in the web UI.
Issues fixed in 1906 MR
- We fixed a bug where rule package is not properly installed when CLEAR Engine setup was interrupted and resumed.